- from the Easy Mode desktop press "ctrl-alt-t" to open the terminal
- at the terminal window, type "sudo apt-get update" at the user prompt and wait for the user prompt to return
- then type "sudo apt-get ksmserver kicker" and the installation process should start
- once the process is done (you'll know because the user prompt at the terminal will return, close the terminal and restart your Eee. After the restart, you'll still see the usual Easy Mode screen.
- to go to advanced mode, press the power button (or click on the round red button beside the smiley face in your task bar) and you'll see an additional option "Full Desktop" -- click it and your Eee will restart its window manager to the Advanced Mode.
If you want your Eee to permanently boot in Advance Mode, go to Settings --> Personalization in Easy Mode and additional Login Mode will be visible, click on "Full Desktop Mode" .
Blogged with Flock