Wednesday, December 5, 2007

HOWTO: Automaticaly Connect to Multiple Wifi Networks

I have wifi both at my place of work and at home. I configuered my Eee to automatically connect to *both* networks each time I boot up. Here's how I did it:

  • right-click on the Network Connections icon at the KDE task bar and choose "Configure Network Connections".
  • click on either your office wifi or your home wifi connection (it doesn't matter at this point but in this example I chose my office connection) and then click on Properties.
  • at the General tab, change the Start Mode from "Manual" to "On Boot" This will automatically enable this connection once you turn on your Eee.
  • click "Fallback" and choose your home connection.
  • click on Ok to save your settings.
  • now click on home connection and do the same thing, the only difference is that its "Fallback" should be your office connection.
And that's it! Now your Eee PC will automatically connect to both your home an office network!

Note: This instruction assumes that you are already running under the Advanced Mode. To enable your Eee PC's advanced mode, see this wiki entry at eeeuser.com

Blogged with Flock

No comments: