So I thought of experimenting with my Eee PC so I can use it to upload an eBook to my iPod Touch and heres how I did it:
- I made sure that my iPod is running the BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH is enabled.
- On my Eee PC, I checked if I can connect to the iPod Touch by opening a Terminal window and issuing the command "ssh 192.168.1.xxx -l root + [Enter]" where xxx is the last octet of my iPod Touch's IP address. The Terminal session will ask for a password so enter your iPod Touch's root password.
- Once connected, I typed "ls" and see if I can list down the files on your iPod Touch. Then I ended my SSH session by typing "exit"
- Then I typed "sftp firstname.lastname@example.org + [Enter]" then entered my root password when prompted.
- I then navigated to /Media/EBooks and issued the command "put [name_of_my_ebook]" and after a few seconds... HAPINESS... I have a new eBook on my iPod Touch!
Blogged with Flock