After doing a few research, here's a simple how to on installing and playing lxDoom on the Eee PC:
- make sure that "deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main non-free contrib" is included in your sources.plist file.
- invoke the Terminal and issue the command "sudo apt-get install lxdoom". This will download and install the lxDoom application on your Eee PC.
- while still in the Terminal window, issue the command "sudo apt-get doom-wad-shareware" to download the .wad file. lxDoom will not run without this file.
- from the terminal issue the command "lxdoom" and the game should start up although the gaming window will be quite small.
- to run lxDoom in full screen, close the lxDoom window and issue the command "lxdoom -width 800 -height 480". This will give you a better resolution.
Blogged with Flock