Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Word of Warning to Eee Users Out There...

A good friend (you know who you are) called me yesterday asking for help with his Eee PC problem.  He filled up his Eee PC's internal SSD storage and the Eee simply refused to boot anymore.  This is the first time that I've encountered this problem and I tried to help him the best I can -- like telling him to mount his internal SSD from his eeeXubuntu-bootable SD/MMC card to using the "su" command so he can access the files from his home directory in the internal SSD.  I'm sure he'll blog this interesting experience himself and I'll eagerly await how he resolves this little conundrum.

You see, despite my apparent knowledge in Linux, I have yet to consider myself an expert but there's one thing I learned from this... never ever fill up your Eee PC's internal storage!!!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

tsiakhyie said...

I also had a problem with filling up the storage. My eeepc didn't want to boot because I filled it up. What I did was the F9 to reset the eeepc. Worked like a magic. Good thing that happened when it was three days new.