Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Intel Classmate PC in the Wild [Know Thy Eee-nemy]



This might well be the first "in the wild" picture of Intel's Classmate PC reference design.  It is now available for sale at a store in Park Square 1  Makati.  It is branded as "Neo" and the model name is Extreme X1.

I was able to convince the store personnel to show this little beast to me and from what I have gathered, it has a 30Gb hard drive, 512 MB RAM and obviously it is running an Intel Processor.  It comes preloaded with Windows XP Starter Edition.  Screen resolution defaults to 800 x 600 but it can be maxed out to 1024 x 768.  The keys are as cramped as that of the Eee PC and I had trouble right-clicking on stuff on the desktop.

It is definitely thicker than the Eee PC and its folder-like cover (which doubles as a carrying case) makes it look like a child's toy.

I almost whipped out my credit card to get this but lucidity immediately came into play when I saw how ridiculous I'd look lugging this to a meeting with my clients.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: