Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday, Scary Monday! [Webcam non-problem]

I was fiddling with my Eee PC at home yesterday when I switched to Easy Mode on a whim and clicked on the webcam app.  Well, the application only showed me a black screen!  I fiddled around with my Eee PC trying to see what's wrong with it.  The unit I was playing with was barely two weeks old and I was thinking of the hassle of having to drive to the store where I got it to have it fixed/replaced.  I was also fretting that if the store decides to simply repair my unit, I'd be left with no computer!

Well, just as a friend found a solution to a much bigger problem after dinner, so have I... I decided to check my Eee PC's BIOS setting (by pressing F2 during boot up) after dinner and I found that my webcam was disabled on the BIOS!

A big sigh of relief escaped from me because now I have a fully working Eee PC and the problem that I was trying to fix is not even a problem at all.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: