Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Evernote 3 Rocks... Especially with the Eee PC!


A few weeks ago, I was alerted to the fact that Evernote has launched a web-based service where notes taken using Evernote on a desktop can be uploaded and saved to the Evernote server on the internet. I got really interested but at that time, the service was still in closed beta. I completely forgot about it until this morning when I heard that this new service is now available to the public.

I promptly registered for a free online account (which grants me a 40 Mb of online storage) and promptly installed the newest version of Evernote. I installed it on my Eee PC, weary of the additional storage space it will occupy in my measly 4Gb of Eee PC SSD storage. I was surprised when after installing Evernote on my Eee PC, the installer asked me if I want to install a "portable version" of the program!

I allowed it to install the portable version and I uninstalled the copy that is on my SSD. Now, I can continue using Evernote 3 without having to worry about its impact on my small Eee PC's SSD!

No comments: