Monday, April 6, 2009

MSI Wind Tip: Sharing Files between a Dual-boot Wind (XP & OSX)

Now that I'm running a dual-boot MSI Wind (XP Home & OSX) I have a problem about sharing files between OSX and XP.  This is not a really big problem with OSX because the XP partition is seen as a read-only drive but under XP, the OSX partition is rendered invisible.  This makes things a bit difficult for me because I may have files I downloaded or created under OSX that I will need to access in XP.

The simplest solution to this problem is to save all data files onto a USB flashdrive.  This solution may suffice to most users but I personally don't want an extra appendage constantly attached to my Wind so I thought of a more elegant solution.

There's this cross-platform service called DropBox and I installed the DropBox client on both XP and OSX.  Whenever I am running on either OS and need to share a file between the my XP and OSX partition, I just save it on my DropBox folder.  Easy and no sweat sharing of files!

cool huh?
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: